Thai Style Tofu Curry
THIS VEGAN CURRY WILL HAVE YOU COMING BACK FOR MORE!
We love big bold flavors around here and this dish hits all the right flavor notes. The balance of spicy, salty, sweet, sour, and umami are just perfect.
Thai food is known to be spicy but you can make this dish as mild as you like. Plus, you can easily prepare this the night before or in the morning and simply pop it into the oven when you’re ready.
The longer it marinates, the more flavorful the tofu will be. Tofu is literally like a sponge as it soaks up all the flavors of whatever it is marinated in.
Serve with cauliflower/jasmine rice to soak up all the delicious curry!
- 400g of non-GMO firm tofu, cut into cubes
- 1 bell pepper, diced into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 a head of broccoli, broken into florets
- 1-2 fresh red chilis, finely sliced (de-seed if you want less heat, and omit for AIP)
- 4 spring onions, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 pieces fresh lemongrass, chopped into 1-inch pieces (or replace with 2-inch piece ginger sliced thinly)
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 4 Kaffir lime leaves, thinly sliced (or replace with the zest of 2 limes)
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp Ri’s Coconut Aminos
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1.5 tsp turmeric
- 1 can of coconut milk
- Salt & pepper to taste
- For the sauce, mix all your ingredients in a bowl (except the tofu and veggies).
- Put the tofu and veggies in a baking dish and coat with the sauce.
- Let everything marinate in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours (the longer the better).
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked to your liking.
- Taste and season with additional salt and or a squeeze of lime if needed.
- Garnish with more chopped cilantro and serve with some steamed/cauliflower rice.