Thai Fusion Curry Soup
TWO OF MY FAVORITE CUISINE FLAVORS BLENDED TO PERFECTION
This Soup was created out of me rummaging through my fridge and trying to satisfy that craving for something comforting, spicy, tangy, and warm.
No doubt I love my Indian flavors and combine them with the aromatic and spices of Thai cuisine and it's pure magic.
The two cuisines actually use a lot of the same spices and herbs so it should be no surprise they work so beautifully together.
We are using red curry paste along with curry powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric, and garlic for the base. Can you feel the warmth just by hearing the spice profile?
Not your conventional recipe but I definitely encourage you to give it a try!
- 1 packet rice noodles, or kelp noodles, or zoodles (zoodles for Whole30)
- 1 tbsp avocado or coconut oil oil
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 tsp red curry paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups chicken broth/stock or vegetable broth
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken or prawns or non-GMO tofu
- 2 tbsp Ri’s Coconut Aminos
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 cups fresh spinach leaves/Asian greens
- 250g/0.5lb snow peas, trimmed and cut in half on a diagonal
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 birds eye/thai chilis, seeded and chopped (or 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper)
- Fresh lime wedges
- Cilantro for garnish
- Soak rice noodles per package instructions, or kelp noodles in hot water for 30 minutes
- Heat oil in pot over medium-high heat. Add sliced onions, spices and garlic.
- Sauté 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add chicken broth/stock to the pot, and bring to a boil.
- Add coconut milk, reduce heat, and then simmer 5 minutes.
- Add chicken, coconut aminos, fish sauce, lemon juice, and veggies. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the cilantro and spring onion.
- Divide your noodles/zoodles into bowls and pour the soup over.
- Garnish with scallions, cilantro, chili, and lime wedges.