Stir-Fried Prawns with Thai Basil
IF YOU’RE LIKE ME AND LOVE THAI FOOD, THIS ONE IS FOR YOU.
Thai food has a wonderful way of incorporating different flavor profiles while making them sing together! This dish is slightly sweet, salty, spicy with that touch of umami.
Another pro-tip: frozen shrimps are underrated! They are a breeze to defrost and take minutes to cook. If you’re not a fan of shrimp, you could always do this with chicken, beef, tempeh, etc. Whatever works for you!
For the vegetables, you can use whatever you want. This is a perfect fridge forage dish! If you don't have Thai basil, a combination of Italian basil and mint will give a similar taste profile.
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp chili flakes or 2 fresh red chilies chopped (go with your heat preference and omit for AIP)
- 2 scallions, chopped and divided into whites and greens
- 6 cups mixed veggies, chopped (eg. baby kailan, purple cabbage, carrots)
- 20 pieces of prawns, cleaned and butterflied
- 2 tbsp Ri’s Coconut Aminos
- 1 tbsp Red Boat Fish Sauce
- 1/4 packed cup of Thai basil leaves
- Heat oil in a wok or deep pan.
- Once hot, add garlic, scallion (whites), and chili. Cook till fragrant.
- Next, add your veggies, coconut aminos and fish sauce.
- Let cook for 2-3 minutes or until veggies start to become tender.
- Last, add your prawns, Thai basil, and scallion (greens).
- Give everything a good toss, let prawns cook through and serve!