Paleo Peanut Noodles (Dan Dan Noodles)
A FAVORITE TO RECREATE AT HOME!
The creamy, savory, and spicy flavor of this dish is addictively good. Plus it’s wonderful as a cold noodle salad, at room temperature, or served warm. In fact, this dish tastes even better the next day, so leftovers are heavenly!
If you want to add some protein to the dish, add in any ground meat cooked with some salt, pepper, and coconut aminos. For vegetarians/vegans use crumbled tempeh or tofu! Feel free to add in or switch up the veggies.
- 1 pack (350g) kelp noodles/rice noodles/ or veggie noodle of choice
- 1.5 cups sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 4 scallions (separated into white and green parts), sliced diagonally
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- Chopped peanuts/cashews, and sesame seeds to garnish
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/3 cup Ri’s Coconut Aminos
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut/almond butter
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1-2 tbsp Ri’s Mala Chili Oil
- Prep your noodles according to package instructions.
- Bring a pot of water with a pinch of salt to a boil.
- Add the sugar snap peas, and blanch them. You want them crisp and tender. After about 30-60 seconds, lift the sugar snap peas from the water with a slotted spoon and put them in an ice bath to stop the cooking.
- Once cool, drain and set aside.
- For the dressing, add all ingredients to a mason jar and give it a good shake or whisk them together in a medium-size bowl.
- If having cold, simply combine the noodles, sugar snap peas, peppers and most of the scallions in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the noodle mixture and give everything a good mix.
- For the warm preparation, heat your dressing in a wok, add your noodles, veggies, then toss and allow everything to warm through.
- Lastly, add the scallions, cilantro, chopped nuts, and sesame seeds.
- Top with more chili oil and serve.