Masala Sweet Potato Fries
THESE SWEET POTATO FRIES ARE CRISPY AND DELICIOUS WITH THE PERFECT INDIAN MASALA KICK!
They go great as a side for so many different meals and are delicious as a snack. They go well with a variety of dips like chutney, tahini, raita, and Ri’s chili sauces.
These sweet potato fries take things up a notch – generously seasoned with chaat masala (an Indian seasoning that combines spices like pepper, cumin, chili, and dried mango powder). The blend creates a hot and sour flavor that will keep you reaching for more!
We love these fries paired with:
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil or avocado oil
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne (optional)
- 5 tsp arrowroot or tapioca flour
- 1 tsp dried mint
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Ri’s Chili Sauces for a spicy kick
- Wash and clean the sweet potatoes.
- Cut the potatoes into 1/2-inch thick strips. Cut the potatoes as evenly as you can (making sure they're of similar thickness)
- Submerge them in water for 15-30 mins (this helps make your fries extra crunchy, you can skip this step if pressed for time)
- Pre-heat the oven to 215C/420F degrees.
- Dry the potatoes well with a paper towel and add them into a large bowl along with oil and seasoning.
- Give it a good mix (hands work best)!
- Add to a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 35-40 mins, turning them over halfway through.
- Serve hot with a sauce of your choice.