Masala Salmon Burger
THIS SALMON BURGER WILL BE YOUR NEW FAVORITE WAY TO EAT SALMON!
My kids inspired this recipe.
My kids like most, love their burgers. Salmon though? Not so much! I try to get salmon in their diet at least once a week. It's full of beneficial fats for growing brains and of course a wonderful source of protein.
These burgers are a meal the whole family can enjoy. The spices I have used are Indian inspired but I'm dying to try other versions – dill, mustard, thai curry are just a few that I think would work beautifully.
The recipe makes 4 large patties but you can easily make smaller patties and serve them as appetizers or cutlets. Feel free to make a big batch and freeze these as well!
Whether you are having these on a gluten-free bun or wrapped in lettuce, top it off with my avocado chutney and pair it with some masala sweet potato fries for the perfect meal!
- 250-300 g salmon filet (about 2 filets), skin removed and cut into large chunks
- 1 small red onion chopped
- a small handful of fresh cilantro (stems and leaves), chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1 egg
- 5 tbsp almond flour
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend till everything is well combined. This happens pretty fast. Took less than a minute for me.
- Make 4 patties and place them on a tray or plate. Cover and put them in the fridge for at least 1 hour to set.
- Heat a pan on medium heat and lightly oil. Once hot, add your salmon patties.
- Allow the patties to cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve with avocado chutney and your favorite toppings