Chili Garlic Prawns
IF YOU LOVE BIG FLAVORS, THIS ONE IS FOR YOU!
So what's the secret to a good dish? Balance, and this one manages it perfectly.
If you enjoy spicy food, add some chili to this recipe for double the yum! We promise lots of flavor with none of the guilt.
By now you might have noticed that we love our prawns around here. You can buy them frozen, plus they thaw and cook up in minutes. Easy & fast are two of our favorite words when it comes to meal prep!
- 250 g/0.5 lbs prawns, cleaned
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp arrowroot or tapioca flour
- 2 tbsp avocado oil (for cooking)
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 red or green chili, chopped
- 1/2 bell-pepper, chopped into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup spring onions, chopped (whites and greens separated)
- 1 onion, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tbsp of Ri’s Red Chili Sauce
- 1 tbsp Ri’s Coconut Aminos
- 2 tsp white/black vinegar
- 2 tbsp water
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a bowl, combine the prawns with the other marinade ingredients (except oil).
- Mix everything well and set aside for 10 mins. This helps release the excess moisture from the prawns.
- Heat the avocado oil in a pan and fry the prawns on medium heat. Be careful not to overcook them (nothing worse than rubbery prawns).
- Remove the prawns onto a plate lined with paper towels. The prawns should be slightly crisp.
- Clear up the pan and add 1 tbsp of avocado oil. Sauté the garlic until fragrant.
- Add chilies, capsicum, onion cubes and spring onions (whites). Sprinkle a little salt.
- Sauté everything on a medium-high flame, for about 2 minutes until the bell peppers are half-cooked and still crunchy.
- Add chili sauce, coconut aminos, vinegar, pepper, and 2 tbsp of water.
- Mix and allow the sauce to bubble. Taste and add adjust to your liking.
- Switch off the stove and add in the prawns.
- Toss well and add the spring onions (greens).